Be Part of Research is run by the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
The NIHR is the nation’s largest funder of health and care research and was established by the Department of Health and Social Care. Our people, programmes, centres of excellence and systems together represent the most integrated health research system in the world. We have transformed research in and for the NHS.
This website is just one of the services we provide. We also:
- fund high quality research to improve health
- train and support health researchers
- provide world-class research facilities
- work with the life sciences industry and charities
- involve patients and the public at every step
Be Part of Research is an online service that provides an opportunity to help members of the public understand what research is and what it might mean to take part, as well as showing what research is currently happening across the UK.
The site supports the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) aim to help people make informed choices about taking part in health and social care research and make sure everyone has the chance to get involved, if they want to.
Information about studies
Study data on this site is refreshed weekly and comes directly from two databases:
- ISRCTN (International Standard Randomised Controlled Trial Number) Registry: The site is used by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) to help the UK keep the World Health Organisation’s International Clinical Trials Registry Platform updated.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: ClinicalTrials.gov is an online database of privately and publicly funded clinical studies worldwide. The site is operated by the US National Library of Medicine.
Our latest research news feed is provided by:
- NIHR Signals: Provides the latest important research from the NIHR and other health research organisations. It explains why the study was needed, what the researchers did, what the study found, how this relates to current guidelines and what the implications are of the findings.
- NHS Behind the Headlines: These articles explain the facts behind research stories you may come across in newspapers.